Gallery Arcturus is a not-for-profit contemporary art exhibition and art education centre located in downtown Toronto. It is funded and operated by The Foundation for the Study of Objective Art, a private charity.
The Foundation is a private Canadian non-profit corporation established to promote the study of art. Most of our services are provided free of charge to the general public and art educators. Capital and operating requirements are met from charitable contributions which are tax deductible. The Foundation is governed by an independent Board of Directors.
Exhibits at Gallery Arcturus are conceived and developed by artist-in-residence and curator deborah harris. She leads a multi-talented team which includes gallery manager Eron Boyd, webmaster Cathy Stilo, communications director Ed Drass and gallery assistant Sae Kimura.
The foundation is presently committed to five major programs:
- Acquiring and maintaining a permanent collection of visual art by contemporary North American artists.
- Operating Gallery Arcturus for exhibitions of the permanent collection and other works by contemporary North American artists.
- Publishing books of the permanent collection and livres d'artistes;
- Providing a center for artists, art educators, curators, critics and collectors to study objective art and artists.
- Reaching out to the arts community by providing workshops, discussion forums and access to images from its permanent collection.